View Single Post
Old
09-27-2012, 09:54 AM
Mr Writer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theokritos View Post
What the IIHF can do (and has to do if the KHL complaint is legit) is to suspend Prokhorkin from playing in Europe and in international competitions. But the infuriated posters who are on the side of the KHL should relax for now and take a look at the NHL - KHL memorandum:

I guess the Prokhorkin case is in the phase described under point 6. Wait for the negotiations before you cry foul. Somehow I doubt the NHL would break the memorandum for a player like Prokhorkin if his KHL contract was valid. Maybe the LA Kings, but is it in the interest of the NHL?

Like the NHL enforced Radulov's contract in 2008?

Easier said than done. Sue him, get him convicted and then what? The player is far away and gives the court the finger from the other side of the Atlantic.
All these are cloudy issues...
but the Radulov incident was before there was a MOU (Memorandum of Understanding) between the NHL and KHL on honoring contracts...
I think the NHL didn't really press the issue. and as a newly formed league in 2008 I'm not exactly sure what kind of official relationship the KHL had with the IIHF at that time... I really wasn't paying much attention to the Radulov case...never really was a fan, didn't think he was all that of a special player. and I still don't...

Complicated for sure these issues...in the end I really don't care where Yakupov plays...

Mr Writer is offline   Reply With Quote