View Single Post
Old
09-27-2012, 11:37 AM
cassius

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady Machine View Post
On another random note, I'm kind of bored with my life. I'm almost 26 married and bought a house. I've done all of the American dream things in order and step with what is expected. That makes me feel like a hypocrite because I always felt different than the norm.

On the flip side I am happy with all of those decisions and extremely lucky and blessed to have such a great wife/family etc but just feel like I'm going through the motions with life so to speak.

Basically it just boils down to a lack of passion in my career and not a great idea of where to go from here. Anyway, random rant but I'm always intrigued and amazed at how people arrive at their desired careers' life paths, passions etc. I'm not really motivated by money (but I have a standard of living I need to maintain with my student loan debt) and my mind changes it's mind nearly every day on what I'd be motivated by other than the general "make an impact or difference" crap that I tell myself. Anyway, back to your regularly scheduled discussions...
Boredom is the worst thing ever - find something that gets you excited and start pouring your energy into that.

And if you don't like your job - find a new one.