View Single Post
Old
09-27-2012, 12:04 PM
JackSlater

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Writer View Post
I don't see it... favorite to win? Yes! Dominate? No. Remember, the 1995 team was in Canada...and if it weren't for a miracle comeback in the 3rd against the Czechs... I don't think the 1995 tournament was all that easy... in fact none of the 15 gold medals have ever been easy except for 2005.

Much tougher to do in Ufa... And my prediction is Canada-Sweden gold medal game..will be a toss up... bronze medal game US-Russia. US wins.
The 1995 win wasn't easy I agree, but it was apparent that the Canadian team was still a step above everyone else. That was without the full roster too; everyone forgets that Gratton and Witt didn't play in 1995.

I don't really see any reason to expect anything but domination. Canada should have the best defence this tournament has seen in years, the best player the tournament has seen in years, one of the best goaltenders in the tournament and an elite collection of forwards. They can still lose, but I wouldn't put any other team all that close as of right now.