View Single Post
Old
09-27-2012, 12:24 PM
leftwinger37

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryangib View Post
Yes I am aware of that. All i know is this, I used to go to that devils equipment sale every year when they were still having it. Bought tons of sticks from them, bought other pro stocks on eBay that felt on par with the ones from NJD. But something about the feel of the ones hockey monkey sells is just bizarre. I can't sit here and explain the differences as far as flex lie and weight, becsuse i simply am not educated enough on the subject. But as a guy who plays a lot of hockey and can really really appreciate a great feeling hockey stick, something about hockey monkey pro stocks just really rubs me the wrong way.

All that said, I still think he may have a chance of finding what he needs by contacting the guy at powerplayauctions on eBay. He's always got a great variety of things.

Have a good day.
Out of curiosity, what brands or models did you find to be fishy? I'm not trying to be condescending, I'm just curious. I suspect that a lot of sticks available from Hockey Monkey, especially the CCM and Reebok offerings, although pro stock are not NHL pro stock. This could explain the step down in quality and feel from the sticks that you have gotten straight from an NHL locker room.

Not having played in the AHL, ECHL, etc. I am not sure what the arrangement is as far as how many/what kind of sticks are offered to them. I seem to remember hearing something like if you have a two-way contract you have to use CCM/Reebok or something to that effect. AAA or AA pro leagues might get lesser quality sticks painted with a graphics package of the current top-of-the-line stick; I mean- let's face it- no pee-wee age kid is going to pick up a SicKick because they saw Joe Blow rocking one for the Talahassee Wart Hogs, thus the teams and the manufacturer save money by issuing factory seconds to players at this level. That's what the stick game is all about: retail sales.

I don't pretend to be an expert on this and this is based on my assumptions. If anyone has additional insight or can set me straight on this, please let us know. Sorry to hi-jack this discussion.

leftwinger37 is offline   Reply With Quote