View Single Post
Old
09-27-2012, 01:51 PM
Bleach Clean

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop the Sopel View Post
The obvious oversight in this article is the fact games played isn't factored in. Booth gets pro-rated to a 40 point player but the same isn't done for the dozens and dozens of other injured players...

Not to mention the point totals of players on weak teams that can't score is irrelevent. The objective isn't to be a poor or average hockey team... If it were, Gillis would have no reason to bring in another forward.

I don't think you read the article. There's no mention of pro-rating Booth's totals. Or pro-rating at all (AFAIK) That was a note I made.

The article dates July 17th, 2011. When the team still had Samuelsson... In it, it concludes that the top6 cut off being 34 points. Now I haven't checked nhl.com for this past year to see if the hypothesis holds from year to year, but it's not without reason that it does.

If it does hold, does it mean that the Canucks have 8 top6 forwards? Caveat: Now that's with pro-rating Booth and Raymond reverting to his old form... (They had 9 with Hodgson in the fold)