View Single Post
Old
09-27-2012, 01:05 PM
Kulemon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wKetch22 View Post
Ok maybe I said he had a small ceiling but thats clearly not what I meant haha, I think I meant to type smaller ceiling...

Dont crucify me

And go ahead and dig back. Last time I checked Hamilton did win the award for best dman in the CHL, and nothing as of late has proven he won't continue at that pace, so I'm not sure what you're trying to prove. Its not like he has busted or anything haha. Nothings changed.

People were saying in the Hamilton thread that he will win Norris trophies. They don't even acknowledge his flaws or watch him play. He isn't that smart of a player, especially defensively. According to Bruins fans, and even fans of NHL fans out west, think or act as if he's flawless and a guarantee to be a star.

No... Leafs fans can be so insufferable

I think he is overrated because Leafs fans are the largest demographic and tend to be a little giddy when it comes to prospects, such as voting Rielly in way to high in the top prospect polls. I mean there are people in here saying he is going to be a number 1 d-man in just a couple years and telling people off if they think otherwise

Has nothing to do with Leafs being our rivals.. Its just too much hype after way too small of a sample size. The few games he played in juniors last year and his good play in the Can-Russia series are not a big enough size to make ridiculous claims like him becoming a number 1 dman in a matter of years

Rielly wasn't too high in the prospect poll lmao. Infact, I'd take him over a bunch of prospects voted infront of him. There is also many prospects in that poll much higher than they should. Why is Galchenyuk number 7 and no one complains about that but Rielly at 18 is dumb and just leaf fans being homers. Scouts also said before the draft and after that Rielly has number 1 potential so idk what you are on about there.

Were you so excited about Rielly until the Leafs drafted him. I recall someone digging up polls on the Leaf board saying who they would want wither their pick and literally NO ONE picked Rielly... Then he gets drafted by the Leafs and all of the sudden he is the next great one

Many reasons for that. He was out for most of the year, not many viewing or spotlight. He's a defenseman (leaf fans wanted a forward preferably a center because the leafs have a huge hole there plus a lot of D depth), Rielly played out west and even though leaf fans are in large numbers all over the bulk is in the GTA area out east. Another reason is that the leafs were in a playoff position for most of the year before the collapse so we didn't really expect to finish that low and get that high of a pick an didn't get as much info on the top prospects including Rielly.

And just as a disclaimer, he is obviously a great prospect, but I think its too soon to make ridiculously bold statements