View Single Post
Old
09-27-2012, 02:36 PM
Feed Me A Stray Cat

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Feed Me A Stray Cat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jossipov View Post
This is true and false, good and bad....

True in that much of it is more realistic, but a big part is ridiculous. I made a 'perfect player' in be a pro (99 on everything) to try it out, and the guy still gets knocked on his butt anytime someone touches him. It's not so much just that the guys fly all over the place when they get a hip check, it's that they fly all over the place all the time. Anytime you are on open ice it's like everyone is Scott Stevens and knocks you on your face, even if from the slightest graze or coming up from behind. It gets really frustrating after a while

Realism, it is great...to an extent.
Sometimes I want to be able to score 12 goals on the Rangers and laugh. That's part of the fun about video games. I dont want video games to be completely realistic. Could you imagine a completely realistic MW2? Your guy would have heat stroke and need to spend 5 minutes hydrating before the 1st checkpoint and instead of recovering from an injury by running away and hiding for 10 seconds, you would need a MEDEVAC.
Sometimes too much realism takes out some of the fun.

Also, Marty really sucks in NHL13...what gives?
All depends on what you're looking for. I like realism.

What are your hitting settings on? I have hit power at zero usually, on hardocre game style. Hitting assistance far down as well.