Thread: Ukraine: HC Donbas
View Single Post
Old
09-27-2012, 01:47 PM
smitty10

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndd17 View Post
Matousek - dman...... Delirium, delirium and delirium again.

We all want it here.
It's pretty ridiculous, honestly. On a Russian KHL team they wouldn't be playing Ukrainian's on the 4th line and eating up ~9 minutes a game while their native Russian's sit in the press box. I don't get it. The Ukrainian's on this team should be used! I expected Ponikarovsky and Fedotenko to play top line minutes and it's great to see Kvitchenko move up from the 3rd to the second line, but seriously, what's the point in playing foreigners on the 4th line and a foreign forward on the 4th defense pairing?! I just don't see the logic in this. The point in having a team in Ukraine is to sell hockey to Ukrainian's and to help develop the national team. How does playing Ukrainian's so little help with this? The image it portrays is still that of a Russian and Western European sport!

The lineup should be:

Kaspar - Fedotenko - Ponikarovsky
Kvitchenko - Nedorost - Dadonov
Tuppurainen - Wirtanen - Kiiskinen
Materukhin - Donika - Varlamov

Obsut - Babchuk
Bartulis - Tereschenko
Podkhraski - Puistola
Silnitsky - Lyutkevich

Ersberg
Gaiduchenko (I know I keep hoping for this, but it's just not happening and slightly out of the control of the GM)

This would be the team I'd be happy with seeing. They're losing anyways, may as well use as much local talent as possible.

smitty10 is offline   Reply With Quote