09-27-2012, 02:31 PM
smitty10

vCash: 500
[QUOTE=Sokil;54620761]
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty10 View Post
Why play foreigners on the 4th line?/QUOTE]

Nobody knows.

I mean, no problem with the Finns, they all had good numbers last year and they aren't old vets or anything

but still, 4th line and 4th D pairing should be reserved for the locals
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokil View Post
Obviously if they were winning then, fine, go with whomever to keep the heat going

But if it's going to be a lost season, put it to use for development. Get Zakharov out there.

and on another note...only 2 of the 8 D on Donbass-2 are Ukrainian. Half of the forwards are non-Ukrainian. WTF. Unless they are bonafide prospects worth holding on to, stick with locals. It's the PHL for chistsakes.
I agree 100%. Why play Belukhin and Kotechkov in place of Materukhin, Donika and/or Varlamov? And stripping Varlamov of his captaincy for Obsut? Completely disgusting if you ask me.

On Zakharov, I'm not 100% sure, but I thought I heard he got sent to Donbass-2 a week or so ago? Could be wrong.

Anyways, I'm glad I'm not the only person outraged at this trainwreck. It's pissing me off to no end that the Ukrainian team is sitting out 3 or 4 nationals every game. These guys should be getting time at the top level so that they can help improve the National Team and get them back to the top division and also help to grow hockey in Donetsk and Ukraine.

smitty10 is offline   Reply With Quote