View Single Post
Old
09-27-2012, 02:49 PM
Faterson

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ult View Post
I wish Russian fans could have been able to read Czech and Slovak websites. Disgusting.
Not sure what you mean and how this relates to the alleged referee bias... but I know first-hand that the availability, or not, of international versions of a team's website is directly related to a club's budget. Not everyone is drowning in money, and to tell the truth, I consider it a minor miracle that Slovan was able to join the KHL at all and to assemble the minimum required KHL budget.

Last season, as you probably know, Lev started selling out their players at around Christmas time because they no longer had the money for their salaries, and to this day Lev owes money to both their ex-players, ex-staff and lots of small businesses in the Poprad area for unpaid services delivered during last season. Bankruptcy proceedings are being conducted, while the Lev Prague team pretends as if it had nothing to do with Lev Poprad.

Producing an international version of a website professionally wouldn't be cheap, and teams would probably need to hire extra staff to produce the content, but I think the new teams very likely can't afford to hire any new staff at this point.

Last edited by Faterson: 09-27-2012 at 04:19 PM. Reason: typos