Old
09-27-2012, 02:59 PM
Scottyk9
Goals? Please!

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Scottyk9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
I wonder what their relationship is like. I mean who's idea was it to put pictures of Lou in the urinals at Staples Center after the Devils signed Kovalchuk when he wouldn't sign with the Kings?
Probably a group of idiot fans.

Quote:
“I remember that day like it was yesterday — I was pretty scared,” said Lombardi, who brings his Los Angeles Kings to Newark tonight for Game 1 of the Stanley Cup Finals.
“I came to see Lou, and the guy talked about nothing but infrastructure. Did not talk about players. He (shared his) organizational chart, spoke of the values you have to put in place. Not one iota about the team — just infrastructure and establishing a culture.”
Oh, Lamoriello also gave Lombardi a parting gift — call it an executive’s guide to dealing with other forms of sharks (media, fans, etc.). Actually, it was a list of quotes. Lombardi doesn’t say what erudition is contained within that volume, because he says it would betray a confidence, but he’s known for repeating epigrams from everyone from Winston Churchill to Tom Landry. They serve a purpose.
“He said, ‘When people are on you, and you start to doubt yourself, you take these out and read these quotes,’ ” Lombardi said. “They’re quotes from people about convictions and standing by them. I’ve still got it.”
http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2...dean_lomb.html

Scottyk9 is offline   Reply With Quote