View Single Post
Old
09-27-2012, 05:08 PM
Kjell Dahlin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
It might be a better line, but it's crappier for the team overall. Plekanec should not be playing with grinders. This is just absurd. Having Plekanec playing with Moen and Darche is just pathetic and reflects very poorly on the team as a whole.

The Plekanec line that you suggested should not even be an option this year, if it is, then we have bigger problems than having Darche on this team.

I'd also rather invest time in Palushaj, Leblanc, Dumont, Geoffrion and to some extend Blunden than give the icetime to a guy who has almost nothing left in the tank in Darche. The former players could be part of this team for a few years, Darche's future is so short that I don't even know if extends beyond the next few months. It's a wasted investment given where the team currently is at.
In terms of "wasted investment", for bottom liners this notion does not apply imo. If guys like Blunden or Geoffrion, for example, are unable to outplay guys like Darche... well... too bad. The NHL is not a development league.

Just for the record: I am a happy fan because Darche's ES and PK minutes will go – if there is a season – to Prust.

Kjell Dahlin is offline   Reply With Quote