View Single Post
Old
09-27-2012, 05:31 PM
Crispy Crust

vCash: 570
Quote:
Originally Posted by wKetch22 View Post
Ok maybe I said he had a small ceiling but thats clearly not what I meant haha, I think I meant to type smaller ceiling...

Dont crucify me

And go ahead and dig back. Last time I checked Hamilton did win the award for best dman in the CHL, and nothing as of late has proven he won't continue at that pace, so I'm not sure what you're trying to prove. Its not like he has busted or anything haha. Nothings changed.

No... Leafs fans can be so insufferable

I think he is overrated because Leafs fans are the largest demographic and tend to be a little giddy when it comes to prospects, such as voting Rielly in way to high in the top prospect polls. I mean there are people in here saying he is going to be a number 1 d-man in just a couple years and telling people off if they think otherwise

Has nothing to do with Leafs being our rivals.. Its just too much hype after way too small of a sample size. The few games he played in juniors last year and his good play in the Can-Russia series are not a big enough size to make ridiculous claims like him becoming a number 1 dman in a matter of years

Were you so excited about Rielly until the Leafs drafted him. I recall someone digging up polls on the Leaf board saying who they would want wither their pick and literally NO ONE picked Rielly... Then he gets drafted by the Leafs and all of the sudden he is the next great one

And just as a disclaimer, he is obviously a great prospect, but I think its too soon to make ridiculously bold statements
Most people wanted one of the forwards, but would make an exception for Rielly. I even said that prior to the draft.