Thread: News Article: Bulldogs camp roster
View Single Post
Old
09-27-2012, 06:50 PM
Roulin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Oh yes he will. This is the perfect time to see what he is made of down the middle in an offensive role. With an aging Plekanec and no real 4th line center in Montreal, it'll be fun to see where we stand center prospect wise. I hope he gets 20-25 min a game and plays on the 1st pp wave.
I agree. Leblanc has been a center throughout his development, minus the one pro season and his WJC. The organization needs RH centers more than RH wingers. If he can do both, that's even better. What's the downside of starting the season at that position, especially during a lockout? Worse case, move him back to the wing. IMO, the potential reward is greater than the risk. It looks like Hamilton has a surplus of RW'ers and a deficit at C anyway.

Same goes for Nattinen, if he could eventually prove himself ready for a 4C job in the NHL, he could be a real asset.

I know the lines will change a million times, but I'd like to see something vaguely like this:

Palushaj-Leblanc-Gallagher
Geoffrion-Dumont-Blunden
Chaput-Fortier-Stortini
Quailer-Nattinen-Avtsyn
Schultz

Nash-St Denis
Tinordi-Stejskal/tryout
Beaulieu-Pateryn
Hagel

...with some of the younger prospects (Bournival, Holland, Ellis) getting top ice time in Wheeling. I'm guessing the ECHL will be a much better league this season.

Last edited by Roulin: 09-27-2012 at 06:56 PM.