View Single Post
Old
09-27-2012, 11:55 PM
kurt
the last emperor

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by m9 View Post
I agree but you have to cut guys, its part of the process. I guess the key is to not have so many low-level guys that are basically fodder waiting to be cut.

The other thing IMO is the bonus structure in the UFC. I've said before they need to scrap the win bonuses and scrap the 'of the night' bonuses and just award large finishing bonuses. Right now a guy doubles his paycheque if he wins, but if they made it so he tripled his paycheque if he finished you would probably see guys going for it more often.
Changing the incentive model would definitely help. You get what you pay for, and fighters are paid for wins.

Changing the scoring model would also help. I'm tired of seeing "dominant position" and "controlling the octagon" playing into decisions at all. Scoring should be exclusively be about landing strikes and submission attempts - from any position. There's already incentive enough for achieving a dominant position in that it grants you the opportunity to land more strikes and attempt more submissions.

kurt is offline   Reply With Quote