View Single Post
Old
09-27-2012, 11:58 PM
ponder

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLeastOfTheBunch View Post
I replied to "Fearless Leaf"'s comment that "maybe 4 or 5 people from our board at the very most mentioned Rielly's name," which simply wasn't the case at all. I agree with you, the vast majority wanted a forward, and only a select few wanted Burke to draft Rielly (with Forsberg, Grigo, etc on the board).
Fair enough, we're on the same page then

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Wait one minute, why do we Leafs fans have to be on the defensive about being enthusiastic about having a great prospect like Morgan Rielly? Nevermind the draft, or the fact that we wanted a forward. Now we have Rielly and we can hope for great things from him.

Not sure why we're getting all these accusations that we somehow hyped him up from nothing when Bruins fans have already etched Dougie Hamilton's name on the Norris Trophy, Wings fans are patting themselves on the back for finding Zetterberg and Lidstrom replacements in Jarnkrok, Smith and Sproul and the Oilers have already signed their 2020s Dynasty core to retirement contracts.

Anyway, no one talks about hockey in Chicago anyway, so you should have an easy time ignoring all the annoying Leafs prospect talk.
I'm actually very enthusiastic about Rielly myself, I wasn't trying to put him down as a prospect at all. I was simply disagreeing with the idea that Leafs fans as a whole really wanted Rielly BEFORE the draft, because he really didn't get that much attention from us, myself included. Again, that doesn't mean much, who HF boards posters like pre-draft normally has very little to do with how prospects actually turn out. Since the draft I've obviously paid a lot more attention to Rielly, including watching him in the Canada-Russia Challenge, and like what I've seen and read.

Basically, I like Rielly quite a lot, I was just disagreeing with this statement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi View Post
Almost all of the Leaf fans wanted Galchenyuk IMO but we were pretty sure that the Habs would take him. If we took a defenseman, pretty much everyone wanted Rielly.