View Single Post
Old
09-28-2012, 06:11 AM
lstcyr

vCash: 500
"He said 7 teams have lost at least $23mm each last year, 6 teams made a bunch of money (Toronto being the highest at $161mm), and then the rest losing or breaking even."

I understand the frustration as I want the season to start also. But the statement above is just plain BS. As an accountant, I can tell you that I can make any company look like they're losing money no matter what they're really making. Without knowing the details of what's being counted toward the expenses or whether all of the revenue is showing up on the team's books, it's impossible to tell whether a team is really "making money" or not. IMHO, more of the responsibility for this disaster rests with the owners who see this as an opportunity to get more money from the players without fixing the real problems in the league structure. Players have a very short (except for a few) playing career and they should be rewarded for it based upon their performance. No one's going to a game to see management sit on their butts.

lstcyr is offline   Reply With Quote