View Single Post
Old
09-28-2012, 08:38 AM
Luck 6
\\_______

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
This, pretty much. We don't know if the top-4 guys are going to stay at the level they are - and besides, by the time Murray's fully ready for top duties, one of them may be ready to leave or may have started to do poorly. (We don't know, for example, whether or not Nikitin will keep kicking butt from year to year, or if Wisniewski's injury problems are behind him.)

For the record, I don't think he couldn't be fit there, just that there's enough chance that he could end up crowded out. And if he's not crowded out, JMFJ would be. Either way, it's silly.
Aside from that, Murray has an upside that is unmatched by any defender currently playing in Columbus. Will he get there? Meh, who knows, ask me again in 5 years. But CBJ would be stupid to move him until they knew for certain, he could very well be the cornerstone of their franchise for years. CBJ have had some bad luck with drafting and overall they've made some moves they likely shouldn't have. It's time to get on track, and trading Murray is not the way to do that.

This whole Edler to CBJ is getting silly. I fully believe that he would be their ice time leader, but at the stage CBJ is at he doesn't really fill a glarring need. They'd be better off looking for young forwards with 1st line potential, and a goalie that can actually stop the puck. Of course, it's difficult to acquire those things without giving up considerable assets.

Luck 6 is offline   Reply With Quote