View Single Post
Old
09-28-2012, 11:00 AM
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
Over the last 5 yrs, the range has been from 32 points to 35 points. The article purports the balance of 34 points to be the cut off...

Basically, if you want to argue semantics between Pitseleh's "comfortably in the top6" to being a "below average 2nd line forward", that's up to you. But if either case is true, and by your very own verbiage he's still a 2nd liner, then your comment on him being a step above waivers cannot be. Hence, the outlandish nature of your initial statements on Booth.
If you want to strictly look at production and ignore games played(which I said I don't agree is the best indicator) than David Booth has been a top 6 forward once in the last 3 years and 3 times in his 6 year career. So calling him a top 6 'tweener' by definition would be right on point.

Not to mention, I never said Booth isn't a top 6 forward, just that I don't think he's a particularly good one. Pitseleh's numbers further reinforced this - never mind that I believe his defensive game isn't as strong as his offensive one.

If all you want out of the Canucks 2nd line forwards is 34 points than I can see why we disagree here. From where I sit that's just not good enough on a team with an excellent puck moving defense that plays a very aggressive offensive style.

What an outlandish claim to say that Booth isn't far from waiver territory even though he returned absolutely nothing a calendar year ago coming off an 82 game season. I would offer just about as much value in trade for David Booth as I would for David Jones - very very little.