View Single Post
Old
12-06-2003, 06:32 AM
officeglen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyGarrioch
Armstrong was scouting Ottawa's most recent trip to Florida and Tampa Bay. Naturally, one would assume that it's defense that is the focus of the Stars interest. Karel Rachunek saw an abundance of powerplay time during both games, more than he usually recieves, so it is highly probable that he was indeed being showcased. Muckler said he has spoken with the Stars about a trade, but nothing is concrete.

If it was Racunek being shopped, what could Dallas be offering?
See some discussion of Dallas-Ottawa activity in this thread:
http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?threadid=33581

Also see this TSN article (referenced in this thread and here):
TSN Article on Sens Trading

From that article:
Quote:
Sources are saying that under no circumstances does Ottawa plan on trading Volchencov or any of their other young defencemen.
The way it was written (TSN staff/"sources") it looks like Bob McKenzie had an off-the-record phone chat with Muckler, as Bob will do trying to determine what is and isn't happening.

So I'm not going with the base assumption of this thread (others can of course): I don't believe the Sens will trade Rachunek (unless getting unfair value back). That "no circumstances" looks like a Muckler statement to me.

Now on other boards you have stated "If Havlat is what it takes to get Morrow, make the trade Muckler." (if this is not you or I misquoted please correct me). I agree except I expect that Mucks will get Morrow+ for Havlat, such as:

Senators: Morrow & Dan Jancevski or Martin Vagner(who is easy to scout for the Sens)
Stars: Havlat & Schastlivy

Yes, the Sens would like to get Ott but the Stars will not trade both Morrow and Ott.