Thread: Vhl 2012-13
View Single Post
Old
09-28-2012, 11:48 AM
Yakushev72

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by malkinfan View Post
I will have to check out THK. I'm still in the process of learning all of the teams affiliations, players etc.. But I've been watching Diezel for Sigarev, Yakimov and Kuchin. I Also watched Chelmet because of Nicushkin and their new sweet logos.
I'm interested in THK tho because it seems they should have a stacked roster in theory. CSKA MHL team seems to have leeked too many guys and now suck after being maybe one of the best junior teams in the world... Which in theory should mean that all those guys either moved to VHL or KHL (which did not happen). To think of all the guys that are eligible to play Krasnaja Armija makes you sick:
Denis Kamayev (QMJHL)
Grigorenko (QMJHL)
Kucherov (QMJHL)
Plotnikov (USHL)
Zadorov (OHL)
Tolchinsky (OHL)
Zykov (QMJHL)
Prokhorkin (AHL)
Vorobiev (WHL)

Would easily be the best junior team in the world if their roster had these guys. Hopefully guys start moving to the VHL rather than flock to NA
You point up what continues to be a huge problem: many or most of the best players in Russia continue to think only of getting to NA as soon as they are able. It will be hard for Russian hockey to get better if all the best players continue to head west. Kamayev looked awful in the World U18 last spring, and has no chance of ever playing in the NHL. The WJC and Canada-Russia series showed that Grigorenko didn't really gain anything from his year in the QMJHL. Kucherov's defensive weaknesses will be magnified in NA, and as his coaches and management get down on him, he will surely get down on himself. At some point, since Russian hockey schools brought these players to the point where NA became interested in them, Russian teams should start to protect their interests and not make it so painless for these guys to make the jump.