View Single Post
Old
09-28-2012, 03:26 PM
Iron Balls McGinty

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by candyman82 View Post
He's playing in Russia because the Oilers wanted him to. The Sarnia Sting want him to play for them and are causing a fuss. You should do a bit more research.
Well, maybe the Oilers should have followed proper protocol. And also reading Yakupov's dad pipe us in saying he would refuse to play for Sarnia irks me a bit.

If a player played in Juniors and doesn't make the NHL team, he should go back to the junior team as that is who holds his rights until he is 20. Just because he signed an NHL contract doesn't exempt him from those rules. Murray had no issue going back to Everett. No other CHL player had issues with going back to their team.

From the article I have posted below:

"The case is unique because the Russian was drafted as a North American-based player. He signed an entry-level deal with the Oilers over the summer and those contracts include a clause that states CHL-eligible players may only appear in that league or the NHL."

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/sport...446/story.html

There, I did my research. This has nothing to do with him going there because Edmonton wanted him to. it has everything to do with proper processes and protocols not being followed.

If anything, he would have wanted to go there to make a quick buck in the KHL versus playing in the CHL where he would make nothing.

Iron Balls McGinty is offline   Reply With Quote