View Single Post
Old
09-28-2012, 03:39 PM
Iain Fyffe
Hockey fact-checker

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadiens1958 View Post
Then it is up to you to define the worthwhile level and the certain threshold that you conjure up.
In the context of this discussion, you have stated that what is currently done is optimal. I'm saying it might not be, but that we might be able to work it out if it is.

If you want to assert something, you need to provide evidence for it. You've made an assertion, but have provided no evidence. I will make no assertion at this point, because I haven't studied the issue yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadiens1958 View Post
As is, the team originating the 6 on 5 situation does so in a fashion to optimize benefits while minimizing risks.
This is the goal. What we're discussing in this thread is whether or not this goal is being achieved with mainstream strategy.

This is your assertion, right here: "the team originating the 6 on 5 situation does so in a fashion to optimize benefits while minimizing risks". I'd say that's the intent, but you're phrasing it as if this is what is actually happening, although you haven't provided any evidence to demonstrate that the intent is actually being achieved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelhockey View Post
Tangent: it infuriates me to see a team gain an offensive-zone faceoff with less than 2 seconds left in any period and not pull the goalie.
Agreed. Although I wouldn't say it's infuriating. It's surely a tiny benefit, but you might as well take any little benefit you can get.

Iain Fyffe is offline   Reply With Quote