View Single Post
Old
09-28-2012, 04:26 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BritSabre View Post
Brendan Witt signed with my local team at Bracknell Bees last time around. Annoying some tossers set his house on fire meaning be had to go after just 3 games.

This time around, Anthony Stewart has signed for Nottingham Panthers and hoping for more.
I have never heard of the nottingham panthers till just now lol. I guess players choose unique destination of their liking, also a good vacation thing? lol

As for the Japanese team, it was the Nippon Paper Cranes of the Asia League Ice Hockey.

Here's a little tid bit about both of those teams from wiki:

Quote:
The Nippon Paper Cranes (日本製紙クレインズ Nippon Seishi Kureinzu?) are an Asia League Ice Hockey team based in Kushiro City in Hokkaidō, Japan.
The club were founded as Jūjō Paper Kushiro Ice Hockey Club in 1949. They adopted the new name Nippon Paper Cranes in 1994 when Jūjō Paper and Sanyō Kokusaku Pulp merged to form Nippon Paper.
They won the inaugural Asia League in the 2003-04 season, and have won it two more times since then. They also have won the All Japan Championship five times.
Quote:
The Nottingham Panthers are a British professional ice hockey club based in Nottingham, England. They are members of the Elite Ice Hockey League. The team is officially known as the GMB Nottingham Panthers due to a sponsorship agreement with the GMB union.
The Nottingham Panthers have won three league championships (two English National League titles and one British National League title), four Championships, six Autumn Cups and five Challenge Cups during their history. They are the only team to have played in every season where a British league championship has been contested and are the only founding member of the Premier Division in 1983 to have continually participated in the top flight league. The Panthers have 16 members enshrined in the British Ice Hockey Hall of Fame and have had 34 players represent Great Britain at the World Championships and in Olympic qualifying.