Thread: Yannick Weber
View Single Post
Old
09-28-2012, 05:38 PM
NewHabsEra*

vCash: 500
Yannick Weber

I think its fair at this point to say Weber will play somewhere when the NHL resumes unless he has a monster camp and shows a drastic progression in his game, what is very unprobable IMO.. Weber is in direct competition with Diaz (who just signed a 2 years deal) and St-Denis for the 7th defenseman spot.. Diaz showed a real progression last year, some real puckmoving skills, a quick release, an ability to hit the net with regularity with his shot and looked way more overall consistent defensively than Weber.. I also liked Diaz's phisicality for his size, its never gonna be one of his strenghts cause he remains undersized for a defenseman but thats at least way more convincing than anything Weber ever showed.. I think Weber isnt a good puckmover enough to crack this D squad and certainly not good enough defensively to be a guy we can rely on.. With Subban Markov Kaberle Diaz and even Emelin (who still has alot of potential to develop his puckmoving abilities), we wont lack puckmovers at the blueline, I would rather have a more steady and realible defensive defenseman such as St-Denis as callup in case of injuries, the guy was surprisingly effective when called up last year, he is a Quebecer playing with alot of heart and poise (kind of reminds me Gorges), and I just dont see where a guy like Weber fits in the picture anymore, especially when you take in consideration the quality of our future in Hamilton at this position.. I expect Bergevin to move him quick enough for a late draft pick or future consideration..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote