View Single Post
Old
09-28-2012, 05:48 PM
Bleach Clean

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop the Sopel View Post
His value is not far from waiver territory because he has durability concerns and is a half point per game player making over $4mil that doesn't bring value to special teams, intangibles or strong defensive play. That, and he returned next to nothing one calendar year ago. I'm not saying the Canucks will waive him, I'm saying if they looked at trading him they wouldn't get much value back without taking on undesirable salary.

He's a $4m 0.5PPG player that is vastly underrated defensively (Charron article) and does play on the PP (special teams). Intangibles,... well opinions differ. I personally like when a player is so determined to score that he crashes the net with abandon, that is a good room guy, and is one of the fittest guys on the team. Some pretty good intangibles there.

On the undesirable salary bit: I think he's more or less in line with his peers: Other 2nd liners. Now before you go on extolling the virtues of these names while deriding Booth, this is just to point out those players that you might find on a team's 2nd line. And how their salaries compare:

David Booth 4.25m (40 point pace last year)

Patric Hornqvist 3.083 (43 points) (RFA at the end of his current contract (25 yrs old))

Brooks Laich 4.5m (41 points)

RJ Umberger 4.6m (43 points)

David Jones 4.0m (42 points)

Devin Setoguchi 3.0m (43 points) (25 yrs old)

Brandon Dubinsky 4.2m (36 points)

Nik Antropov 4.062m (42 points)

Tuomo Ruutu 4.75m (39 points)

Ales Hemsky 5.0m (43 points)

If Booth is a 2nd line forward himself, does this show him to be so much out of line with his peers that he becomes waiver fodder? Remember that these players have their own weaknesses too.

Quote:
I refered to Booth as a half point per game player without an underrated defensive game. If that helps prove my case, so be it. That's the player I see.

Fixed.

Quote:
Contrary to what Cam Charron is selling, I don't view David Booth as a "two-way force". IMO Booth lacks hockey sense and defensive awareness - I have him pegged as the Canucks 10th best defensive forward behind Daniel, Henrik, Burrows, Kesler, Higgins, Hansen, Raymond, Malhotra and Lapierre.

If points told the whole story in what constitutes being a valuable top 6 forward than Clarke MacArthur would be an excellent target for Gillis in a Luongo deal. After all, by definition he's been a 1st line forward over the last 2 years. In reality, I doubt that will be the case.

Ahh so Cam is a quack now too huh?... I mean, what could all the funny numbers mean when they don't support your argument right? Far better to keep your opinion subjective and roll with it... Good call there.

Any "analysis" you've done here pales in comparison to his article. It is well reasoned and logical. If you want to question it, attack the numbers themselves - it's what he's going off of. Why not do the same?

Edit: Pro-rated point totals per Y2K's catch.

Last edited by Bleach Clean: 09-28-2012 at 06:10 PM.