View Single Post
Old
09-28-2012, 07:17 PM
Bleach Clean

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop the Sopel View Post
You mean like David Booth's abominable -31 last year in Florida? Or that he had the worst goals against/60MIN of any player on the Panthers? Or that he had the 2nd worst goals against/60MIN of any Canuck forward last season?

Odd how these stats escaped the 'well reasoned and logical' Cam Charron article.

Please post a link to the Canuck related goals against/60min. That would be very odd considering he allowed the least amount of shots against per 60min...

Quote:
I have yet to converse with a hockey fan that thought of David Booth as a strong defensive player, let alone the 'two-way force' Charron tried to sell him as. If you disagree with my stance than which of the Canucks 9 forwards that I rated as stronger defensive players than Booth would you disagree with?

I like that Booth takes to the puck to the net and can score goals but if he can't show more than he did last season I'm just not enamoured with this player at all, considering his other shortcomings and cap hit. Wouldn't be disappointed in the least if he was shipped out to open up a roster spot and cap space for another impact forward.

Depends on who you are replacing him with, how much that player would cost in assets and cap, and what you do with Booth.

Of the Canuck forwards, if I'm giving you a subjective answer without looking into the objective data too much, I take Booth's defense over the twins (who I feel have slipped (visually)) and Raymond (Injury may be a factor). So Higgins, Kesler, Burrows, Hansen, Malhotra and Lapierre ahead of him.

So since I've answered your question, how about you answer one for me: Who on the team is a better goal scorer than Booth? I rank Booth 4th behind Burrows, D.Sedin and Kesler.