View Single Post
Old
12-06-2003, 07:20 AM
Fantasywonder

vCash: 500
From my understandings, Scott Young has a NTC. He has also been struggling due to a death in his familiy, add the horrendous start the Stars are having and you and your stats won't look good. His -21 is actually a -11 but every minus player on the Dallas Stars should be taken with a grain of salt. I mean when Jere Lehtinen and Mike Modano combine for a -17, you know it's the team struggle in general that's been holding them down. Both are widely regarded as top defensive forwards, probably the best.

I saw 50 Stars games last season and while Scott Young was an utterly streaky player, he was always making himself usefull. Very solid two-way forward who can exel on the penalty killing as much as on the powerplay. He also potted 23 goals orso, 15 in a 23 game span. He really is a world class sniper if he's in finding groove.

That said, I wouldn't look into his stats from this season too much, Young had 7 goals in 5 preseason matches and was their best player in camp to show he was poised for another 20+ goal season.