View Single Post
Old
09-28-2012, 08:54 PM
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
Please post a link to the Canuck related goals against/60min. That would be very odd considering he allowed the least amount of shots against per 60min...

So since I've answered your question, how about you answer one for me: Who on the team is a better goal scorer than Booth? I rank Booth 4th behind Burrows, D.Sedin and Kesler.
Behind the net tracks goals against/60MIN. Booth has fared exceptionally poor in 2 consecutive years. Worst on the entire Panther squad in '10-11 and 2nd worst behind Malhotra last year. Zone starts and quality of competition aren't taken into account so the numbers shouldn't necessarily be taken at face value - though I don't believe shots tell the entire story either. Stats aside, my observation of Booth deems him a below average defensive forward.

I would peg Booth as the teams 4th best goalscorer and have stated numerous times his ability to put the puck in the net is valuable. I just didn't see enough from him last year to think of him as anything but an average 2nd line forward. His vision and playmaking ability really are poor for a top 6 forward - as bad as you'll see IMO.

I'm not saying he'll be waived anytime soon, just that if he were to be dealt he would bring back negligible value if we're not taking on undesirable salary. Not unlike dozens of other players around the league, a handful of which you had listed as 2nd line comparables.

I was a vocal advocate for bringing Booth in long before Gillis inquired about his services around the deadline last year - objectivity isn't an issue here.