Thread: Value of: Theodore to Toronto
View Single Post
Old
09-28-2012, 09:41 PM
Coolburn

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhlfan9191 View Post
This is a Theodore to Toronto thread. And he is easily worth a second round pick to a team looking to make the playoffs. Not sure why your bringing up the deadline. I said nothing about it. I'm a Panther fan. You don't think I know Theodore wants to retire a Panther? This is a discussion board. And his value to a team like Toronto is a 2nd round pick at least.
You really should go back and re-read what the person you were replying to said. He was the one saying to move Theo at the deadline and you said it would garner more than a mid round pick. I just replied to your comment based on his comment. Whether you are a panther fan or not (I'm a STH so I got to watch plenty of Theo last yr), you didn't really back up your statement about why he was worth more than a mid round pick.

I doubt Toronto (or any team which is why I was saying it that way) would be willing to pay more than a 4th round pick for a guy that is around 35 yrs old, has a NTC and has publicly stated his desire to stay with a team and at the deadline where he would be worth less because if Toronto was a playoff team, why would they need him as a starter? Logic and history dictate that you are misguided to think that Toronto would give up that much for Theo. I think if you're lucky you could get a 3rd rounder for him in a future draft (aka not 2013).

Coolburn is offline   Reply With Quote