View Single Post
Old
09-28-2012, 10:01 PM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by v-man View Post
Yeah, but let's not pretend here that they're competing with the big boys. They're not going to shave the slightest margin off of the macro-breweries generic beer sales. Everyone I know who's tried Beau's did so because they were expecting something worthy of the craft label (and the hype). It didn't live up to it, and those potential customer's are now gone, since they can get better generic tasting beer at a lower price.
I don't know, I think you're oversimplifying based on the small sample size that comprises your immediate peers. Clearly they're not going to affect sales of the big breweries, but Beau's sells tremendously well for what it is (essentially a microbrew), and sales have increased every quarter since they've opened. They're doing something right.

Also, it's attitudes like this that need to die if we are going to have a good craft brew community. Effing beer snobs will kill it. We need more beer GEEKS, not snobs. I love good craft beers, but avoid almost every craft beer gathering that comes up because I feel as though by the end of the night, I'm going to be punching someone in skinny jeans and an ironic plaid lumberjack's hat.

Remember: There is a time and place for almost any beer. Very few beers are truly garbage. You want bad beer? Come visit me in Indonesia. I'll show you a WHOLE WORLD of terrible, terrible brew. I'd kill a man for a simple, unoffensive, ordinary pint of Keiths right about now.

BonkTastic is online now   Reply With Quote