View Single Post
Old
09-28-2012, 10:15 PM
pavelich

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cagney View Post
I watched the game and I thought that top line was great.

Eichel is pretty much everything you'd want in a top line center. He's an excellent skater, strong puck handler, has great vision and passing ability and a strong shot. I was also quite impressed with his defensive play as he showed good positioning and was great on the back check. It'd be nice to see him add some snarl to his game though.

Milano is a nice player too; good stick skills, skating and a nose for the net. He'll just have to focus on gaining strength as he was badly out matched along the boards on a number of occasions.

This was a big win for the U17s but the game was very close through the first two periods. Demko was a real difference maker for them in that stretch as he came up with a number of big saves to keep the team in the game before Des Moines' melt down in the third. I'll be intrigued to see how the younger goalies perform over the coarse of the season as they're going to face a lot of quality chances until the defense learns how to handle the bigger, faster forwards they're facing.
cagney did anyone else catch your eye? i'm hoping to see tomorrow's game on fast hockey and wondering who else to watch for.
thanks