View Single Post
Old
09-29-2012, 04:05 AM
Justinov

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by QnebO View Post
SM-Liiga is not that much worser than Elitserien, and maybe danes have also now seen that fact. While it might have bit lower level on paper (usually atleast) it has more north american style of play, as experts have analyzed it (for Example KalPa's adam andersson, (Adam Mashur these days, who was earlier elitserien player). Its not all about the rink size, but the rink sizes may act as a factor there adjusting the style a bit..

Thats why many players who aim for NHL may perfer it. Elitserien still is good for aiming in the NHL thought, it has tons of NHL scouts on its ground. But SM-Liiga is well scouted too, for goalies it right now might be best league, as level and reputation of goalie coaching of Finland is high. Also the salaries arent that bad as you might guess, thinkin about Finlands population ect, specially if you are top players in your team.

About Erik Karlsson, I dont know for absolutely sure whats behind it. Jokerit GM said they were the first choise for him all the time, but im not sure about that at all. It doesnt prove much really, hes above the level of any league. He had to play somewhere where they will pay hes insurance and give atleast some kind of earnings for hes work, and the eastish KHL just does not buy everyones interest. Maybe part of it is the style of play, in Sweden its litle slower (does not mean worser) style of play, that does not adjust you for the NHL, but does it really matter for him I dunno, its hockey everywhere.
First I would say thank you for this excellent reply
Maybe you have a good point about the playing style. In Sweden a lot of voices also complain that the swedish playing style is becomming to slow and defensive with a low scoring rate. For a NHL player a league that is as close to NHL type of play will off course be preferable in a lockout situation, whereas the adjustment to swedish hockey might take longer.
Your reply then certainly explains why 2 of the top-3 danish goalkeepers (Galbraith and Simon Nielsen) suddenly appeared in Finland these last years. They choose it for their development.

Justinov is offline   Reply With Quote