View Single Post
Old
09-29-2012, 08:32 AM
VLoo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by iRep TheWingedWheel View Post
Jaguars announced Black Alts will become Primary home jersey starting next week and the Teal will be reverted to ALT status. And they'll have black pants too.

I don't have a problem with black alts or black in general (if its part of the teams color scheme and not randomly added). But the Jags are TEAL, that's their identity.

The old teals were classic and they replaced them with this new stupid design recently and now they relegated teal a secondary color.

I'll be interested to see if this results in any backlash from the fan.
I imagine the thinking here is that Khan wants to establish a new identity with this team. There are a lot of negative connotations that comes with the Jags and establishing a new identity, granted it's going to need to be a winning one, will help dispel some of the notions about the team. As an aside, I've always loved their black jerseys way more than their teal, so I'm pretty pleased with the change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
That's ridiculous for competitive reasons too...you play under the hot Florida sun, why dress in black?
I remember reading about this a few years ago and I could absolutely be misremembering, but I'm pretty sure there was no real proven evidence to back up the idea that darker jerseys increase the temperature of the player or increase fatigue or whatever else people seem to correlate with darker jerseys in the heat.