Thread: Value of: Patrick Marleau
View Single Post
Old
09-29-2012, 10:44 AM
sabrescupbound

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post
Terribad. If Buffalo wanted to try to compete now and the Sharks wanted to blow up their core and rebuild, the return for those players would have actually include some of our best prospects, not B listers like Adam and Brennan. (Think Grigorenko, Armia, Pysyk...Quality young players.)

That said, I'd rather wait it out with our kids and (hopefully, if enough pan out) be competitive for many years, rather than trade them for guys who might only have a few prime years left.

Edit: I think Buffalo and SJS could make good trade partners for a "shake up" trade if both teams decide they want to change the look of the team without blowing everything up though. Like maybe Vanek for Marleau? Maybe a small + either way if it needs to be evened out.
The reason behind my offer, IF SJ was going to trade Marleau, it would be because there going into rebuild mode. If that's the case, why would they want to keep a 34 yo Thornton? Hodgson is a top tier prospect, I wouldn't consider Adam a "B" list prospect at all and Brennen is ready to jump in the NHL but can't because Buffalo's depth. Plus a 1st rounder. They have an option to keep Leopold for D depth or not resign him for cap space. Leino would just have to be moved so Sabres can make cap. That's what I would give. Even though those are two great players, your only looking at 2 or 3 more years of quality production. You can't give all your best prospects for a couple of years of service.

EDIT: what if i took out Brennen and put in Mcnasty?

Last edited by sabrescupbound: 09-29-2012 at 05:21 PM.
sabrescupbound is offline   Reply With Quote