View Single Post
Old
09-29-2012, 01:13 PM
Sabretip

vCash: 500
Some more tidbits on Ruff's and his staff's involvement in Rochester:

Quote:
Buffalo Sabres coach Lindy Ruff and his assistants — James Patrick, Kevyn Adams and Teppo Numminen — don’t have their own team to coach so, starting Friday, they periodically will be helping out with the Amerks.
Quote:
“Marcus (Foligno), Luke (Adam), Cody Hodgson, you want to spend time with them,” Ruff said, “and we want to evaluate the young guys, too; guys like (Jerome) Gauthier-Leduc and (Mark) Pysyk.” At the same time, Ruff said he doesn’t want to be intruding on what Amerks coach Ron Rolston and assistants Chadd Cassidy and Chris Taylor are doing.

“There’s a fine line, there is,” Ruff admitted. “As I told Ron yesterday, ‘It’s your camp, it’s your team. You set it up the way you want.’ ”
Quote:
“Being around the team gave me a real appreciation for what those players can do,” Ruff said. “There’s nothing like getting on the ice and being able to evaluate guys. For me, it was invaluable.”

He may spend less time here during the current lockout and allow his assistants to do skill-development work in practice.

“Every player has a gift and they also have areas to improve,” Ruff said. “You like to concentrate on the gift but you also like to bump up the areas that need work.”
Seems Taylor will take over McKee's duties in some way.....

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/...ORTS/309270060

Sabretip is offline   Reply With Quote