Old
09-29-2012, 12:24 PM
adsfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
We are locked out. It sucks.

But hockey lives on. It always does.

Sadly, I live in South Central NY state. Or as I occasionally call it, 'east bum ****' or 'the land that Darwin forgot'. A land where there if you aren't a Mennonite or Seneca, you are a minority.

BUT, there is a plethora of hockey here. Instead of commiserating the fact that I live in Purgatory. I'm going to go out.

I have Cornell an 1 hr from me for Div. I hockey
I could go to Mercyhurst in Erie, PA for Division II hockey
I have Elmira College for Div III hockey, also ECHL hockey.
Erie is a 4 hr drive away for CHL hockey, and hell, I could con Viqsi into meeting me!
Toronto, 4 hrs from me, has CIS hockey
Rochester for AHL hockey.

My thought is this, to fight my severe depression. Try and hit as many different types of hockey I can see. Also to use this thread to post hockey excursions by y'all.
I wasn't familiar with Campbell. I see that it is between Bath and Corning, so I must have driven through there about 20 years ago. I spent 1/2 a day at the glass works. They have fabulous glass art to look at. It is pretty in that area. Good wine country. I didn't know that the Senecas went down that far. I stop in to buy gasoline from them in Irving on trips to the East. It isn't as cheap as it used to be since the Feds busted them for selling untaxed cigarettes through the mail. They have to make up the money by selling gas for 20 cents a gallon less instead of 30 cents.

Hang in there BigFatCat999!

Last edited by KevFist: 11-08-2012 at 03:19 PM. Reason: qdp
adsfan is offline   Reply With Quote