View Single Post
Old
09-29-2012, 12:57 PM
YARR123

vCash: 500
Some notes from tonights Jokerit - HPK game concerning the youngsters:

Saku Salminen - Definately deserves a roster spot on the NT. For a heavily built kid he moves quite well on the ice (head bent down like Marko Anttila) and he plays an energetic game. Seems strong on his skates and didn't get outmatched physically at any point of the game. Even got a few scoring chances where he showcased his heavy slapshot. I was actually quite surprised at how well he skates, especially compared to how bad it looked last year. Imo we need these big kids on the team.

Esa Lindell - Had some trouble holding the puck in his own end, looked a bit scared. Overall his puck possession skills didn't really impress me, but with added confidence that will get better. In his own end he was quite solid, seems to read the game well and positioned himself quite well. Right now deserves a 3rd pairing role.

Matti Lamberg - I'd never even seen this guy play before but man, kids got some wheels! right now he's a lock for the team, no doubt. He plays a very straightforward game and get's to lot of situations due to his quick skating. Also has a sharp wrister, scored Jokerit's 5th goal today with a quick top corner snipe.

Overall, if we find a suitable center, the 4th line will look very good. Last year Paajanen and Kuronen were very lackadaisical on the 4th line, right now it seems that our 4th line could be a strength, not a weakness.

YARR123 is offline   Reply With Quote