View Single Post
Old
09-29-2012, 01:23 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForSpareParts View Post
Deschamps is described as Kadri's "heat-mate" in the organization. That is not my opinion. That had to come from somewhere. Does Kadri never have to look over his shoulder for D & D? I wouldn't advise doing that Mr. Kadri.

Why doesn't anyone here celebrate our organizational competition amongst players. Strange. If Kadri can make the most of his opportunities then great, but if he can't be bothered then he should step aside for those who are hungry to play.
There is compete level and being physical fit, and then there is a thing called Hockey Sense and Hockey Skill.

You can't just decide to overlook one aspect of a prospect while highlighting another. If Deschamp truly was as great and favoured as you are making him out to be why wasn't he called up when our injuries hit in the second half of the season? One can be taught defense and preached about hard work ethic for a player's career but some are just born with natural skill of the game, those who have both are truly special players.

Both players are projected for totally different scenarios in the team, one who has a potential to be a great player or a steady top six player. Playing in all situations starting from PK, PP or ES. The other who at his best can be the second liner playmaker on the wing, or that third liner who uses his body effectively with blasting speed. Preferable used at the PK, where his skill and body coverage can help out for those short handed rush.

As for D'amigo, his physical and skating was ALWAYS a given since he was drafted, If I recall in his first prospect camp with us he impressed the leaf brass, but it was his Offensive transition that was worrisome for us hence split time in AHL and OHL.