View Single Post
Old
09-29-2012, 03:38 PM
ForSpareParts*
agreement

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
What? 60's? Last I recall these prospect/players are those who are playing with the Marlies in the 70's oh wait...2012. Don't try to stray from the point. You clearly indicated draft position could be a possible reason, I approached my answer based on that. Neither of the players I listed are high first round picks, only first rounder there is Ashton (30th overall from 2008 I believe)

You are describing Deshamp as a competition for Kadri, which is good in some sort of sense, as it's always healthy to have in-team competition. At times touting this guy to be better than Kadri is sort of biased though. It's a bit unfair to the prospect himself when you are comparing skill level of a good player between a very good player. As for Deschamp's defensive game/transition to the NHL, yes no one will know truly if he can pull it off. However he does what is required for a guy his size, and skill. He plays good defense, has a bit of a edge to his game, excellent speed and will to use the body effectively to protect the puck. All while having good skill to boot, which is something we would ideally want from MacArthur, who I have always made comparisons too. However the climb for him to get to the third line is a lot harder than it is for Kadri due to his skill. Body and roughness wise, Frattin and Ashton has way more of an edge.

It's great to support a prospect or a player but you should't blindly do it.
it seems to me that things could go either way with the leafs in regards to Kadri and Deschamps. ultimately the leafs saw Kadri as a center, but who knows if he will ever be a 1C, a 2C, or a 3C. right now he hasn't been given any center opportunities in the NHL. there are very few spots in the top two lines for a wing position Kadri can play in. maybe if JVR, Kuli, Mac, or Frattin are injured he can fill in. if Kadri cannot leap over those players then he might be a third liner.

third lines are interesting and vary from team to team. RC might want his third line to have more scoring punch, so Kadri might be suited. RC might also what energy and defensive forwards playing on the third line. if that is the case then things might fall into place for Deschamps and not Kadri. Deschamps could be the better answer due to Toronto's recent PK woes. it's also hard to image Kadri playing on a line with McClement and Lombardi. Deschamps might be better suited with McClement. that being said it's not Deschamps right to be slotted into the 3rd line forward position. he too will have to show more than D'Amigo and Ashton.

i think we can all agree that we are in a better position prospect wise than before. all this depth and competition is a good problem to have.

ForSpareParts* is offline   Reply With Quote