View Single Post
Old
09-29-2012, 06:19 PM
Doothpick
RIP Ruslan Salei

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
Not that we need another OFD, but Ryan Pulock has been impressive to start the year. 9 points in 4 games.
Uhh, what? Outside of Fowler who else do we really have? It's still unclear if Sbisa ever puts it together offensively, and as promising as Vatanen and Lindholm look, they haven't proven anything yet.

As for Pulock, he didn't impress much in the U-18's last spring, but I've only heard good things about him so he is definitely intriguing option if we're in a position to grab him.

It's going to be really good draft for centers... MacKinnon, Monahan, Barkov etc. Only prospect I have extensively watched so far this season is Elias Lindholm from my favorite SEL team Brynas. I may be a bit biased, but he has impressed the hell out of me. People may not agree with me, but he kind of reminds of Forsberg. Great puck skills, plays a solid two-way game, and he has that edge in his game. Strong hockey sense too. That combined with his physical play might help him develop into a bottom-six player if his offence doesn't come through.

Oh and another centre I forgot to mention is Nathan MacKinnon's teammate Jonathan Drouin. I haven't seen him yet this season, but in last season's QMJHL playoffs he looked at times even better than MacKinnon. Really smart player who seems to have a very good offensive tool-kit. He might be a player to look into as well.

Last edited by Doothpick: 09-29-2012 at 06:29 PM.
Doothpick is online now   Reply With Quote