View Single Post
Old
09-29-2012, 09:17 PM
Lay Z Boy GM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamin View Post
Your experiencing NHL fatigue. Mine came with NHL 12. It starts with the excitement of the brand new game wearing off. The faults start becoming noticable, emotions run through peaks and valleys, eventually the negative outweighs the positive.

To make matters worse on old NHL games watching hockey in real life would get me jonezing to play NHL 11 or 12. But with the Oilers being a joke even my interest in dynasty mode and such was starting to wane so the push I needed to keep going back was fading.

Id imagine its even worse with a lockout. I wouldnt be surprised if you go a month without playing
I actually tried playing early this morning while I was doing some laundry. I figured it might be fun to add Seth Jones into the game, maybe Connor McDavid. You can create them, sure, and you can add them to their junior clubs, but they won't be in the draft. Which is really stupid because I'm playing Be a GM, I'm not playing CHL games.

I did a fair amount of tweaking to the settings and found I was having a lot more fun. Turn puck control up a bit, nerf the goalies just a tad, turn down hitting power and a few other tweaks. EA really does need to patch the game though, it's stupid that I have to do all this work just to make it playable. It's not a horrible game, don't get me wrong, but it needs a patch.