View Single Post
Old
09-29-2012, 10:34 PM
AIREAYE

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickchecked View Post
Doesn't Canadian Tire have an automatic skate sharpener where the skate goes into some kind of drum and spins around? <shudder>

I found a Source for Sports near me that I really like and have decided to stick with them even though they are a bit out of the way.

As for drilling your sharpener with questions, I'm not sure if I would take that approach. Isn't that like harassing a restaurant's chef about his ingredients before he cooks your food?

And what are you going to do, say "I'm sorry, I don't like your answers, I'm going to go elsewhere." Just give them a shot and decide if you want to go back. It's only 6-7 dollars.
Nope, if you present an honest question, you would hope for an honest and knowledgeable answer. You're not harassing the guy, you're just trying to get some sort of first impression before you hand over your skates. Would you think it practical if a potential customer drove around shop to shop to spend 5-10 min asking questions only to fork over $4-10 for one sharpening? Of course not! Ask the questions to get an idea and use that impression to help gauge the quality of their handiwork after.

A good sharpener generally cares about his work and will take the time to explain things to you.

AIREAYE is offline   Reply With Quote