Thread: Other: Worst team -Trades
View Single Post
Old
09-30-2012, 06:11 AM
nmbr_24

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceonfire View Post
Since we have a lockout, and most trade proposals are BS..

Lets look at which team has had the worst trade history..

Although I am very much an Oil fan, I would have to say we are by far the worst.

And I won't consider the 80s trades as bad...the team fell apart because of ownership issues.

3rd round pick (Brian Gionta..) to NJ for Fredrik Lindquist and a 4th, 5th

Mike Comrie to Philly for Jeff Woywitka, 1st round pick in 2004 (Rob Schremp), and 3rd round pick in 2005 (Dan Syvret)
The issue with this is we could of had Corey Perry and a 1st from Anaheim (That 1st was Smid....) but Comrie refused to pay back his signing bonus and as a result the trade fell apart. That is why he was booed when he came back.

Marty Reasoner traded to Boston with Yan Stastny and 2nd round pick in 2006 (Milan Lucic) for Sergei Samsonov.

Marc-Andre Bergeron traded with 3rd round pick in 2008 (Kirill Petrov) to NY Islanders for Denis Grebeshkov

Robert Nilsson traded by NY Islanders with Ryan O'Marra and 1st round pick in 2007 (Alex Plante) for Ryan Smyth.

Joffrey Lupul traded with Jason Smith to Philadelphia for Joni Pitkanen, Geoff Sanderson and 3rd round pick in 2009 (Cameron Abney)...as Lupul goes on to have a great season in T.O

Allan Rourke traded by NY Islanders with 3rd round pick in 2008 (Kirill Petrov (NY Islanders)) for 2nd round pick in 2008 (Travis Hamonic).

Curtis Glencross traded by Columbus for Dick Tarnstrom (And not signing him??? Not even an offer??)

Matt Greene traded with Jarret Stoll to Los Angeles for Lubomir Visnovsky. (We all know how this turns out, and even Lubo went on to score 68 points with the Ducks.)

Erik Cole traded to Carolina with 5th round draft pick in 2009 (Matt Kennedy) for Patrick O'Sullivan and 2nd round pick in 2009 (Jesse Blacker (Toronto))

This is not even all of the bad trades, and there were a few steals of course. Not hating on the Oil...but some of these trades went soooo bad. And the Heatley fiasco, really?
I'm not an Oilers fan, but I want to say the Oilers are not even close to having the worst trades.

I am a Bruins fan and just off the top of my head I can think of worse trades than any of those made by Boston, Vancouver, New York Rangers, Chicago, Toronto, and who could forget the many Mad Mike Milbury gems where if he had only held onto his prospects I seriously have to wonder if the Islanders would have won a Cup in the last 10 years. Chara, Spezza, Luongo, Bertuzzi, McCabe, Berard, Osgood, it goes on and on and on.

The real answer to the team with the worst trades is the Islanders and Mike Milbury in particular.

nmbr_24 is online now   Reply With Quote