Thread: Value of: Top 6 Center to Anaheim
View Single Post
Old
09-30-2012, 11:58 AM
Elvs

vCash: 708
I think it was apparent that the Ducks will give Bonino/Holland the shot at it once Murray spended all the money on defense (Allen, Souray) instead of just signing one of them and sign a center with what was over. If neither Holland or Bonino works out, I'm guessing they'll go with Koivu in that role again.

Palmieri - Getzlaf - Perry
Ryan - Holland/Bonino - Selanne
Cogliano - Koivu - Smith-Pelly
Beleskey - Bonino/McMillan - Winnik

...is what I'm expecting. It's far from perfect on paper. Will Ryan, Getzlaf and Perry bounce back? Can Koivu and Selanne be effective for another year? Will Holland and Palmieri break out? There's certainly a lot of ifs, but if most of them turn out well it could be a good season for the Ducks. The situation reminds me a lof of the one back in 05/06, when the team started the season looking something like:

Sykora - Fedorov - Selanne
Kunitz - McDonald - Lupul
Hedstrom - Pahlsson - Niedermayer
Fedoruk - Getzlaf - Perry

...an aging Fedorov, a finished Selanne (it seemed), McDonald was only a 30+ point center before. Lupul was still untested, Kunitz only had 20+ career games. Bryzgalov was an untested backup... Etc, etc...

Selanne bounced back, McDonald and Kunitz came out of nowhere, Getzlaf and Perry had good rookie seasons and everything just fell into place and the team went to the conference finals.

I think we'll have to hope for a similar situation now. Unfortunately we haven't had any major surprise players since McDonald, Kunitz, Selanne and Beauchemin.

Elvs is offline   Reply With Quote