View Single Post
Old
09-30-2012, 12:39 PM
Chootoi

vCash: 500
I'll make a case for the Moncton Wildcats:

The Baby Blues: The Wildcats have 2 Blues prospects. Yannick Veilleux (STL 4th, 2011) is playing on the top line with the exciting Saulnier twins who were both top 20 scorers last year. Veilleux should rack up some points. The real exciting one to watch though is Dmitri Jaskin (STL 2nd, 2011). This guy is the most exciting player on the ice to watch every night. He can take over offensively and enjoys throwing his 6'3" 205 lb frame around. He's scoring at a goal-per-game pace through 4 games so far. The cats are a contender this year so they'll be fun to watch and both guys will get tonnes of ice time as they'll be relied on for production. Also of note they have highly ranked 2014 prospect Ivan Barbashev.

Sleeping with the Enemy: Only two other NHL draftees on the team. Florida defenceman Jonathan Racine and Phoenix defenseman James Melindy.

Time should (preferably) be on our side: THis may be the only major drawback. Moncton is in the Atlantic time zone, so their home games would start at 6:00 EST. Look on the plus side though, you could watch a full live game and it would only be 8:30 PM. the night is young. Any of their Quebec road games though would be EST.

Puncherís Chance: They've certainly got some grit. As I mentioned Jaskin can steamroll guys, but they've also got several other physical players that are fun to watch. The team has also had 5 scraps in 4 games to date (including Veilleux who won one on Friday night)

Bad is Bad: As I mentioned the Wildcats should be a contender this year. Plus they will battle with another major contender (Halifax) 8 times so there's lots of great games there. The Mooseheads of course have Mackinnon, Drouin, Fucale, all top talents for 2013.

Language Barriers: Wildcats broadcasts are all english.

A Truly Great Barn: The Moncton Coliseum is about 40 years old. It seats just under 7,000. The atmosphere is mixed. When the team is winning the place gets loud, especially during playoffs. THe building has some of the best sight lines around. Not a bad seat in the house. The city is also pushing hard to build a new 10,000 seat downtown rink within the next few years so there's lots to be excited about.

Chootoi is offline   Reply With Quote