Thread: GDT: The lockout thread
View Single Post
Old
09-30-2012, 02:03 PM
Bandit

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
It's a wide angle lens. Look at the hand on the shoulder on the right...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
He will make $750,000 this year and $750,000 next year.

http://stats.nhlnumbers.com/players (then, search for "Barch")

Cry me a river. Jesus H. Christ, what a major a-hole. He is crying about having a third kid on the way and wondering how he is going to make ends meet.
I don't agree with the way he did it but is he wrong? Let's be generous and say that after his agent's cut and taxes he gets 500k. Sure, he's making that 'per year', but for how long? Many of these guys barely finished high school because they were dedicated to hockey. What about the next 50 years of his life? That's not really a lot for someone in the top 1% of what they do.

I guess I just don't get why so many people side with the owners. They are all business men (read: liars, cheaters, tax evaders, etc.). I guarantee you that every owner has done something to get where they are that has hosed the average joe. Meanwhile, all the player has done is worked hard. There are no shortcuts in sports. No loopholes, no stepping on other people's backs to get to the top. Hard work and skill is pretty much all there is to it. Seems much easier to relate to than billionaires looking for more money to fill their vaults.