Thread: Value of: Top 6 Center to Anaheim
View Single Post
Old
09-30-2012, 04:01 PM
SupermanPahlsson

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by quentez View Post
I'm pretty sure our next 2C will be either Holland, Bonino or Rakell. Actually, they'll probably all be our centers along with Getzlaf in the coming years. Should I've bet on which one of them to make the 2nd line, I'd go for Rakell.
I agree that it will be Rakell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
We didn't spend all this time developing Palmieri just to ship him out right before he got his shot. I don't know why anyone would think he isn't ready for the NHL, seeing as he basically earned that at the end of last season.
Couldn't you say that that argument is the same as the one that was made for Jake Gardiner? I think sometimes you can't rely solely on prospects. There needs to be some top-six support for that first-line, so that they're not overused game-after-game.

I also believe that for risk of burdening a prospect too early in his career, you need to have sort of a stop-gap or filler type of center. That's what the organization seems to be doing on defense with Allen and Souray, so that they don't need to rush Vatanen and Lindholm like they did Fowler and Sbisa. If you put Rakell or Holland in too early, not only are you burdening them with too many minutes, you're also hurting the team's chances at winning. Zajac isn't a stop-gap, he's a solution, but I think you understand my point.

As well, the organization should be catering to Bobby Ryan, considering how awry this whole trade fiasco went. By trading for a 2C that can effectively play with him, I think you can fix that problem, while also fixing the perennial 2C problem that the Ducks have year-in and year-out. It also tells Getzlaf and Perry that the Ducks will do what they need to do to win (and not just always get guys like Foster, Cogliano, etc.). It might not always seem sensible trading a top prospect, but there are myriad benefits if that's the road the Ducks choose to take.

SupermanPahlsson is offline   Reply With Quote