Thread: GDT: The lockout thread
View Single Post
Old
09-30-2012, 04:03 PM
damacles1156

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
It's a wide angle lens. Look at the hand on the shoulder on the right...

I don't agree with the way he did it but is he wrong? Let's be generous and say that after his agent's cut and taxes he gets 500k. Sure, he's making that 'per year', but for how long? Many of these guys barely finished high school because they were dedicated to hockey. What about the next 50 years of his life? That's not really a lot for someone in the top 1% of what they do.

I guess I just don't get why so many people side with the owners. They are all business men (read: liars, cheaters, tax evaders, etc.). I guarantee you that every owner has done something to get where they are that has hosed the average joe. Meanwhile, all the player has done is worked hard. There are no shortcuts in sports. No loopholes, no stepping on other people's backs to get to the top. Hard work and skill is pretty much all there is to it. Seems much easier to relate to than billionaires looking for more money to fill their vaults.
[Mod edit]

Rich people are Rich for a reason, It involves smarts and hard work (also a little luck, right place right time)a vast majority of the time.

Very few people are Rich cause they screwed the Average Joe; or it was given to them.

The players really need to shut up about their finances. NO one cares , also no real person can relate to the six figure salary they make.

The owners have a legit complaint, cause they take all the financial risk. If the players want a seat at that table (partner in risk) they can pay all the travel and training expenses. Then I would at least understand them wanting to hold some ground.

Actually that would be a great idea for the NHLPA to stipulate in the CBA. ANY salary rollback has to be spent on Team operating costs.
That way the owners can't just pocket the savings. It has to be spent on the team.

Last edited by Chazz Reinhold: 09-30-2012 at 05:14 PM. Reason: Don't need to start political debates