View Single Post
Old
09-30-2012, 04:03 PM
Ron
Kings Fan Since 1967

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
It's a wide angle lens. Look at the hand on the shoulder on the right...

I don't agree with the way he did it but is he wrong? Let's be generous and say that after his agent's cut and taxes he gets 500k. Sure, he's making that 'per year', but for how long? Many of these guys barely finished high school because they were dedicated to hockey. [b[What about the next 50 years of his life? [/b]That's not really a lot for someone in the top 1% of what they do.
What about it? I am 54 now and I have already worked 39 years. I most certainly cannot see "full retirement" anytime soon over the horizon and what with two kids going to college and weddings and home mortgages to pay for I figure I have to do at least another 10 years before even considering "hanging them up."

So if this guy is a hockey enforcer with 31 career points and 669 career penalty minutes he should be more entitled than me? Really? Some of the upper-echelon players making millions will not have to work past hockey unless they want to, that's for sure...but this guy, sure he has to. And he is making good money while playing a game.

I am not sure I understand your position. He's got it really, really good...and he is spoiled rotten.